Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get notifications like Outlook?

Michael Stevens March 18, 2019

I'm using the desktop app on Win10. In Outlook I am able to setup reminders for a project at any interval and multiple intervals. I haven't found any setting in Trello that deals with notifications other than on or off and my looking for "alert" and "notification" in the Power-Ups provided nothing that seemed to deal with it.

Is there an option somewhere for creating custom and multiple alerts at custom intervals?

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

@Michael Stevens Trello notifications aren't configurable, but you can, for example, use the Butler Power up to create a notification by mentioning you in a comment on a card. Something like:

3 days before a card is due post comment "@michaelstevens this is due in 3 days"

Michael Stevens March 18, 2019

Yeah... that has possibility but you can't do much of anything without paying and that ain't gonna happen for me... Can't even try it out to see if it would work like I'd want it to.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

@Michael Stevens Okay well if you're looking for a free solution (with albeit a trickier setup) you can use Trellinator which is a Google Apps Script library I wrote for automating Trello:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

This code would remind you 3 days before a card was due:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/e53deba3395ad930c02bc1af82761a9b

You could install the "scheduleNotifyRelativeToDueDate" function, and it would schedule the "action" version. The article above takes you through how to setup Trellinator and install functions globally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events