Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Generate email link of card in Description Edited

My team members in the field need to upload attachments to cards from their phone. The problem is, the way they get the file is from another 3rd party app, and right now they share it using email.  They need to start using Trello because organization is becoming insane as we scale up.

The problem is, there is no way to add the attachement to the trello card without confusing them. They would have to download the file from whatever 3rd party app (instead of pressing a paper-airplane-share button) and then they would have to close out that app, open Trello and find the card and hit attach.

The 3rd party app allows us to share to Trello directly but it creates a whole new card, which bypasses templates I made and such.

I know we can email stuff into cards with the email link generated in Trello and it looks like username--somestringofalphanumeric@boards.trello.com

My question is, can we just have this email autogenerated and placed in the description when the card is created? That way, they can just copy it easily before they share a file via email in their 3rd party app?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 20, 2021

@Andre BERTOMEU you can use my BenkoDesk product to connect a shared email to your Trello board:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

When you send emails into your shared email, the attachments will be automatically added to Google Drive and attached to the card as a download link, with an "All Attachments" link that opens up a uniqe folder containing the attachments for that card.

You can then use automation to do other things with the attachments, such as put them onto different cards using templates, copy them, save them in special spots in Drive and so on.

Some of that automation can be done with Butler, but where the automation requirements are too complicated, you can also use the raw API or the Trellinator framework that I created to do some of the more complicated automations required for my clients:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

2,084 views 17 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you