Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a report showable to customer based on trello cards

Mickael RONCHIERI November 24, 2021

Hey there !

As a property manager i use trello to organise the following of the various fixing we have to take care of in buildings. Example: i visit building and i have to:

*find someone to change the light on the hall

* find someone to repait the trash local

*find someone to change the door leading to the basement 

*find someone to reglue the tiles on the sairs leading to the 3 floor

* many others big or small tasks which i always have to ask a certifed competent company to take care of

It can become very fastidious if not well organized as there are many buildings and many different people involved. Trello is a huge help to me ! I create a card for each and single task ass small as it can be so i can follow every step of the process until the tasks is completed and therefore can be archived.

** My question is **

How can i export all the cards i created from one visit of one building into an "everyone readable document" typically a .docx or .xslx. In fact after every visit i need to send to the owners a report showing every point we saw (as shown below)

export tbl cr.png

In trello each card contain every colum i need to fill my report:
pictures of the matter 
description of the matter
company who would deal with the matter
estimated time needed for the company to fix the matter

I usually go on word and manually export all the data which is not very effective.

I need to find a way to automatically fill the report from the cards created in trello so i can show directly the owners what i am working on and then manage my work internally with the trello

I hope this make sense and thanks anyone who is willing to help me on that 
Cheers 

Mickael 

1 answer

0 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Mickael RONCHIERI 

That looks like a very cool use of Trello, I know someone who uses it in a similar way for maintenance jobs on a holiday park. 

I would typically come on here and tell people looking for reporting to check out Blue Cat Reports but in this instance you might be better off with something else. We don't handle pulling images and etc. out of your Cards so would likely not deliver what you need.

I wrote about all the export options here https://www.bluecatreports.com/trello-reporting/exporting-trello-data/

Board Export from Orah might be a good fit. I am not 100% certain you can export the images (but let me know if you can and I will update my write-up :) )

Hope that helps :)

Robin

ps, if you are looking for a way for people to log these jobs without having to go into Trello check out our new pup Forms for Trello :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events