Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Users ( Non Person ) To Use For REST Automation

Kurt Smith January 27, 2022

My organization does not permit Functional Users to have a Trello account. I was using a Functional User to perform REST commands from external applications to update cards on various boards. I wanted to have a way to do the automation without having an actual member name show up as "who" made changes but have the Functional User name being shown as making updates. I would like to suggest that each workspace have a BOT ID available to use with REST Api so automation from external applications would not be associated with a member's account. This would make it easier to see if something was updated by a member or Bot.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2022

@Kurt Smith 

You can always create and use the api key and token of a functional account when calling the rest api  if you are writing code or use that same id to subscribe to third party services or to build Trello automation script. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events