Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free vs Premium

Kimberly Jones June 9, 2022

My boss has paid for a Trello membership for me, as he has added me to multiple boards in his Workspace. I already had an existing workspace from a trial that I did in 2018. 

My Workspace is still showing as FREE and I am limited to 10 boards. Do I need to do something to change the status to a paid account? 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi Kimberly, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If your boss added you to a premium workspace, you'll get premium features only on boards within his workspace.

If you want to have premium features on boards within your personal workspace, you'll need to upgrade that workspace to premium. 

Hope this helps!

Kimberly Jones June 9, 2022

Thank you!

Randylyn1 March 1, 2023

Hi Andrea,

How is this done?  I've been using Trello for years.  Went from Free to gold and then purchased Premium.  
I'm so confused what the difference is between workspace and boards.  I would assume the workspace has boards, but when I create a new board in my premium, it shows it's a free account.  I can't copy anything from an old board to update a new board.  It's soooooo frustrating.  More frustrating that I can't get hold of a human being to help me.  I have to work, and I depend on these boards.  I'm ready to just discontinue and start using another project manager.

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

Hi @Randylyn1 , 

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. I'll do my best to help. When you purchased Premium, you got premium features for all the boards within a single workspace. If you click on your avatar in the top right of Trello, then select "Activity" you should see a list of workspaces that you belong to, and the one with Premium will have this special "briefcase" icon next to its name. 

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 12.46.27 PM.png

When you create a new board, if you want it to have Premium features, you'll need to create it in this workspace. There's a dropdown in the Create menu so you can choose which workspace the board will live in. 

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 12.43.28 PM.png

If you need to move a board that currently is not getting premium features into your premium workspace, you can do so by

- open the board

- open the board sidebar on the right

- click "more" 

- click "settings"

- click "Change workspace" and select your premium workspace that you identified earlier. 

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 1.29.30 PM.png

Let me know if you're still having trouble. If you still aren't seeing premium features after following these steps, you could reach out to Trello support at https://trello.com/contact

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2023

Thanks @Andrea Crawford - @Randylyn1 has already raised a ticket and I'm working with her now, she had another account her Premium workspace was on. 

Like Andrea Crawford likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events