Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free power up Google drive desktop and android smartphone problems: enclose not working

Ellen Buwalda July 31, 2018

Hi,

Things are getting crazier....vice versa...

I've already send a e-mail to trello support (@Mike) but I also put my information on the Trello community so everybody can help and for people facing the same problems.

So there now two things:
1. Trello browser: 
a. I cann't attach a file from any browser (Firefox, Chrome, incognito etc) to Trello
b. I can open an already attached file 

2. Trello android app
a. I cann't open a already attached file (by desktop): message "sorry there are no apps installed on my device to open the attachment".
b I can attach a Google drive file (by Android app)

Fact:
- Google apps has authorisation for Trello.
- I've free powerup for Google drive
- earlier it worked without any problems (maybe only on my previous android Samsung mobile but not since my new Samsung mobile... I'm not sure)
- my Samsung note 8 has all updates from the manufacturer
- everything else works within Trello

Thoughts:
- something to do with allowing cookies?
- possible solution mabye disconnect google drive and then reconnect?

Hope this wil help to find a solution. It's driving my crazy right now ;-(((( I use Trello everyday ;-))))

I appreciate everyone's help!

Thx Ellen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

Ugh that looks annoying, sorry about that!

I can't help you with the desktop app, but, from the browser, I would disconnect Google Drive and try to revoke the Trello permission directly from your Google account, disable the Drive Power-Up and clear the cache and cookies from your browser. Then, I would try to reconnect everything.

Ellen Buwalda August 5, 2018

Dear @Alice good to read you think likewise. In the mean time trello support gave the following information regarding the app:

We've been experiencing some issues with the Google Drive Power-Up lately and seen customers aren't able to open the files from the Android app, I'm so sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused. The team is investigation the issue at the moment and while we don't have an ETA for when the fix will come, as soon as it's available, we'll deploy it.

Support also asked me to bring up my browser's error console. So thats what I'll do for now.

Thanks for helping out!

PS update: guess what.... my next attempt was succesful....I don't know what happened ;-0

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

I'm glad to hear that you managed to make it work! :)

Ellen Buwalda August 14, 2018

But still the Android app Trello isn't working correctly.

Trello android app
a. I cann't open a already attached file (by desktop): message "sorry there are no apps installed on my device to open the attachment".

This is really very annoying.

Hope anyone can tell me more. When I look at Trello android board there's no information. When will this be solved?

0 votes
Ellen Buwalda December 8, 2018

Hi, again the same problem. Yesterday I had no problems at all, today after updating my desktop Chrome suddenly it's not working anymore.

I don't know what's the connection between unable to attach and the Chrome update? Or is it something else?

Thx for helping out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events