Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Trello and New Hire Onboarding

Susan Puckett May 11, 2021

Looking for suggestions on the best ways to use Trello for onboarding new employees without having to get Business Class access.  I am interested in using the 30 60 90 Onboarding template to start with.

I'm thinking I could have each Director have their own workspace and 10 boards max to personalize the experience for new hires.  New hires could then be given access to the template for their role and copy it for their own personal workspace/board.  Would that work?

Please share your experiences on how workspaces and boards were set up, who owned and managed them, how they were personalized by department and/or role, how new hires accessed the boards, how managers/mentors monitored the boards for accountability, etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Nerea López May 12, 2021

Hi @Susan Puckett

We use this template which works pretty well for us.

Susan Puckett May 12, 2021

@Nerea López 

Do you use Trello for their onboarding process (similar to the 30 60 90 day template Trello provides)?  What tools do they use after they are hired to complete tasks for new hire training and how are those Trello boards maintained for different departments, etc.?

0 votes
Bugra Cil May 11, 2021

Hello @Susan Puckett ,

Our Hipporello power-up enables you to manage many HR processes for free. I think it covers your case as well. Basically, you will have your own web page, where there can be many forms; such as leave requests, employee information, etc. Your employees can sign up/login to the portal, and submit these forms, then you will get these submissions to your Trello board as cards. You will be able to communicate with employees through cards, and they will be able to track messages/status on the portal.

You can either use our ready-made forms, or you can design your own. Currently we have these forms; 

• New Employee IT Request
  • Job Application
  • Leave Request
  • Employee Complaint
  • Employee Exit
  • Time-off Request

You can also read our blog post on HR process management on Trello, and learn how to create forms for Trello and use Hipporello. Feel free to contact us on our website in case you have doubts. Hope this helps, regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events