Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms in Trello

Isaac Tanner-Dempsey June 6, 2021

Checklists are good for ticking off tasks

I'd like to fill in different forms on each board related to a card. Later pipe that data to generate a quote in Xero then moves to the next board in the process. Would be ideal if there was a card similar to a contact card that forms would create unique fields for depending on the forms on the board.

form 1
fname
lastname

company
colour choice
design
size
upload

form 2(internal) design

dimensions
path length

form 2(internal) factory
Exit point
Cable

form 3 (internal) delivery
tracking number
photo upload
additional comments

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2021

@Isaac Tanner-Dempsey the Hipporello and Crmble powerups both offer form integrations that might be a good fit.

If you want a custom API integration into Xero you might be able to use Zapier or one of those no code tools, but it also might require something more customised. We created a platform for that kind of thing called BenkoBot:

http://www.benkobot.com/

Isaac Tanner-Dempsey June 7, 2021

Thanks Ian I looked at both the options you mentioned Hipporello looked like a better option but not what I want unfortunately. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Isaac Tanner-Dempsey What don't those options do that you need them to do?

Isaac Tanner-Dempsey June 7, 2021

Hipporello is for inbound forms and sending automated emails in response.

I'd like to use internal forms without sending emails where inputs stack on a project record. I need form entry fields to be available in for zaps on a project record under a contact

I'd like to create Zapier triggers at stages of the workflow and assign different stages to different members so people can batch tasks and even break down tasks into smaller kanbans

I'd like to setup workflows where next step on the board is variable. For example if I drag to right I could get a pop up to choose next step based on predefined workflows

I'd like to sync data in other tables and use contact and project data outside Trello

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

@Isaac Tanner-Dempsey okay in that case you're probably looking for a more generic form builder such as Google Forms or JotForm, then you want an automation platform like Zapier or similar. If there's anything you can't achieve with the no code tools then we can help out with BenkoBot.

Like Isaac Tanner-Dempsey likes this
Isaac Tanner-Dempsey June 8, 2021

Wow there is a stack of neat plugins on Trello I've never even heard of them. 

How about using Jira?

it's free for up to 10 people our team is 6 currently you can customise the workflow seems to have all the features I was looking for. 

Outside Atlassian
Air tables, Notion and Google Tables have kanban views and feature worth looking for they're all DIY solutions. Jira seems to be built for workflows like the one I'm trying to achieve

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

@Isaac Tanner-Dempsey 

If a Contact is already in Contalist you can send an email to your client with links for form 1(with a card reference), form 2, form 3… (in sequence or all at once depending on your workflow). It has the ability to return a card for each of the form onto a receipt board and with the card reference (form 1) you can use Butler to collect the data on CFs on the original card. The use Zapier to Xero. 

Done the above for other use cases. Note that the details of form 1-x can also be kept with Contalist if that is required. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events