Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forming the pattern for a report created using the Schedule Command in Butler

Sarah Mayo November 9, 2019

I need help forming the pattern for a report created using Butler's Schedule Command.

My report is generating successfully, but only the "- [{cardname}]({cardlink})" part is rendering the way I want; none of the other variables are rendering. Can someone help me fix the pattern?

This is what I've entered into the pattern field:

- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) - ({labelname} when a yellow label is added) - ({labelname} when a pink label is added) \n\n\n
--- {checklistitemname} when the name of a checklist item starts with "Offers Due Date: "\n
| {checklistitemname} when the name of a checklist item starts with "Funds Due Date: " \n\n\n
--- {checklistitemname} when the name of a checklist item starts with "CrowdStreet Equity Allocation Goal: "\n
| {checklistitemname} when the name of a checklist item starts with "Max Allocation (target in portal): " \n \n

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.23.17 PM.png

This is how it renders in the email:

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.38.57 PM.png

This is how I WANT it to render in the email:

Hunter Meece - live:

--- Offers Due Date: November 12 | Funds Due Date: November 15

--- CrowdStreet Equity Allocation Goal: $3,159,215 | Max Allocation (target in portal): $5,131,150

--- Offers Due Date: 11/18  | Funds Due Date: 11/21

--- CrowdStreet Equity Allocation Goal: $3mm | Max Allocation (target in portal): $10,714,320

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2019

@Sarah Mayo it looks like what you're doing is trying to use logic inside the report text. That's not possible. Also you can only use card variables, that is to say that the variable "{labelname}" has no impact because the report deals with cards which may have any number of labels. In other words you're "looping" through a list of cards, not a list of labels, so the only relevant variables are those that are inherent to every card (such as name, link, due date, custom field values and so on).

For the type of custom report you're looking for you wouldn't be able to use Butler, but you could do something like this in Trellinator:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/5fc0437ac68aa39589cbe56cad65d5b1

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Sarah Mayo November 12, 2019

This was really helpful, thank you for the quick response! I'll check out Trellinator.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events