Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting for underlining

Joanna Wardell March 31, 2020

I have some manually entered dates on some of my cards.  Sometimes the date is underlined and sometimes it is not.  I haven't figured out what makes this happen or not happen even though it seems like I am doing the exact same thing every time.  I am not seeing it in the help for formatting text in Trello.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Joanna Wardell 

Welcome to the Community!

Could you possibly send some screenshots of the differences in the cards (taking out any personal information) so that we can maybe see where the problem is occurring? If you could screenshot as much of either the front or the back of the card, for illustration, as possible, that would be fab!

:)

Joanna Wardell April 2, 2020

9EA466F6-4343-4452-8039-2C7A93F21556.jpegThis is an example in my checklists of one  not underlined and one that is. 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

Hi @Joanna Wardell 

Thank you for that, I'm wondering if the second checklist item (that's underlined) is actually a link to another Trello card?

Usually, things get underlined when they're links (in markdown, there isn't a symbol to make things underlined for this reason as illustrated in this article Using markdown in Trello).

So that's leading me to think that the second checklist point is actually a link to either a webpage, or another Trello card? Is that a possibility?

Please let me know if not and we'll think of something else

Esme :)

Joanna Wardell April 3, 2020

Two things:

1. The underlining does not occur when I view Trello on my desktop browser.

2. When I clicked on the underline on my iphone it asked me if I wanted to call that "number" and also gave the option to open, copy, share, edit--or cancel.

When I entered these dates I did not use brackets.  So I'm still confused how it happens that is underlined--or not.

Thank you for considering this question!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2020

Hi @Joanna Wardell 

That is very odd!

I don't know if @Andy - PTC Redundant might have a better idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events