• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Formatting for underlining

I have some manually entered dates on some of my cards.  Sometimes the date is underlined and sometimes it is not.  I haven't figured out what makes this happen or not happen even though it seems like I am doing the exact same thing every time.  I am not seeing it in the help for formatting text in Trello.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 01, 2020

Hi @Joanna_Wardell 

Welcome to the Community!

Could you possibly send some screenshots of the differences in the cards (taking out any personal information) so that we can maybe see where the problem is occurring? If you could screenshot as much of either the front or the back of the card, for illustration, as possible, that would be fab!

:)

9EA466F6-4343-4452-8039-2C7A93F21556.jpegThis is an example in my checklists of one  not underlined and one that is. 

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 03, 2020

Hi @Joanna_Wardell 

Thank you for that, I'm wondering if the second checklist item (that's underlined) is actually a link to another Trello card?

Usually, things get underlined when they're links (in markdown, there isn't a symbol to make things underlined for this reason as illustrated in this article Using markdown in Trello).

So that's leading me to think that the second checklist point is actually a link to either a webpage, or another Trello card? Is that a possibility?

Please let me know if not and we'll think of something else

Esme :)

Two things:

1. The underlining does not occur when I view Trello on my desktop browser.

2. When I clicked on the underline on my iphone it asked me if I wanted to call that "number" and also gave the option to open, copy, share, edit--or cancel.

When I entered these dates I did not use brackets.  So I'm still confused how it happens that is underlined--or not.

Thank you for considering this question!

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Apr 05, 2020

Hi @Joanna_Wardell 

That is very odd!

I don't know if @FUN MAN ANDY might have a better idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

261 views 8 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you