Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashy/celebratory notification when a card is archived or weekly archived summary?

Daniel Mack July 13, 2021

I would assume Cards represent pretty significant tasks/milestones for many people like they often do for me. This might seem like a trivial aesthetic for some but I think it would actually greatly help my day to day work momentum if Trello cards did something other than fade in the ether when we are done with them. Something just a little bit more flashy, perhaps with an audio noise, that symbolizes the accomplishment of something for an extra hit of dopamine. The screen/background could flash different colors. The card itself instead fading out has an animation like an old email program where it flies off the screen to tuck itself away in the archive list. Completely optional of course.

I don't really see a way to do this with "watch" or the automations. Is there a power up that might accomplish this? 

A compliment or an alternative to this would be if an automation could send a summary of all cards archived/completed at the end of each week in an email. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

I'd set up something like this: https://www.loom.com/share/c8d3c24441e046c9b5e82a31584affc8

Add 🎉 into your list name for some celebration action, then set up a automation rule to archive your cards automatically after a while.

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Automating-cleanup-A-way-to-use-Butler-to-keep-your-board-tidy/ba-p/1685337 for some info around that.

Daniel Mack July 13, 2021

Wow! That's almost exactly what I was thinking about with confetti and everything. Where would I actually find the party bugle emoji if I wanted to keep a saved list of options that can go into names? I copied it from the video link and it worked fine, but I'm assuming there's other emojis that might cause different reactions? Doesn't look like its under stickers.

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

There's a few emoji that trigger the confetti; right now it's all confetti though, no other effects supported to my knowledge 😅

Your operating system (Windows or Mac OS X, most likely) has a way to open an emoji picker.

On Mac the keyboard shortcut is "Control + Command + Space Bar", on Windows it's "Windows Key + ; (semicolon)" or "Windows Key + . (dot)".

Pretty useful generally, if you like using emoji in comments or email!

Like • # people like this
Daniel Mack July 16, 2021

Thank you again so much! I wasn't expecting such an exact solution for what I wanted. 

0 votes
Jenn.Sa October 26, 2021

Where did the Confetti animation go?

I really do not get the same satisfaction dragging a task to "completed" without them :(

Oh please, put them back!!

Can I activate it somehow?

Daniel Mack October 26, 2021

This still works for me so if it stopped working for you, it might be because of a browser or system update that effects how your computer responds to the Unicode symbol for ðŸŽ‰. I'm just another user but you should provide the team which type of OS (OSX or Windows) , it's build version, (e.g. I have Windows 10 20H2) and browser versions number (e.g. I'm using Chrome version 95.0.4638.54). 

Like • Jenn.Sa likes this
Felix
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2021

They're definitely still there. One thing that I think changed recently, is that the animations no longer show up if you have configured "Reduce motion" in your OS.

Like • Jenn.Sa likes this
Jenn.Sa October 28, 2021

Thank you! Good to know they are still there <3

I am going to check why they stopped moving this week-end.

Victoria Kulichenko March 31, 2022

Mine doesnt work either and I changed the setting on my computer for the reduce motion. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events