Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files and folders created using Google Drive power-up cannot be accessed by other team members

Tuxton Bein May 3, 2023

When enabling the Google Drive power-up on trello, a google account is required. Let's say account A is used for this authorization.

Now user B logs onto trello and uses the power-up to create a folder on Google drive. The folder is created and placed on user A's the Google drive.

When user B clicks on the link to access the folder, they get an error message saying they don't have permission to access the folder (since the folder is created on user A's Google Drive).

How can this be fixed?

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

This is not so much a Trello issue but more how Google Drive works.

Can you create a shared Trello space on Google Drive and allow access to user A and B?

Tuxton Bein May 4, 2023

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that Trello places the files in the root of the Google drive. Otherwise I would have just created a shared folder that is accessible by both users A and B and pointed Trello to that folder. But I don't see any way to point trello to a folder on Google drive.

I am baffled as to how people use the Google drive power-up on trello. It works for one user, but when you have multiple trello users (which is most likely the case), you run into this permission problem.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

I understand your issue now, it is using the create and attach option.  This indeed seems to default to root.

I use Google Drive but I don't use the power-up, just testing it out I wont either.  It is very poor.

The alternatives are to create the folders in Drive and attach to Trello cards or use Zapier (or any of those types of tool) to create a folder on card create or setting a custom field  

Tuxton Bein May 4, 2023

Seems like a really bad miss on trello's end. All they needed to do was to allow for a default folder to be selected by the user. As it is, the feature is essentially useless :-/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events