Fetch name of linked card

Sal November 17, 2020

Hello, i was searching on butler help for a way to add a name of a card to the discription of other as follows:

Cardname: Assets

Checklistname: Tasks

Rule: when item in checklist named "Task" is checked create linked card bellow.

That's fine and working but I wanted to change the description of the linked card to the name of the original card

The name of the linked card is the name of the item and that's great I wonder if in this example I could have the name of the original Card as the description. Since the list has more cards with Check Lists and I wanted to avoid write the item name plus the name of the topic.

Also (in other situations) would be nice to be able to Add info to description instead of change all description, any built in way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Vini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi Sal,

You can use the variable {triggercardname} to update the description of the linked card.

And you can append things to the description by making the new entry be: {carddescription} followed by your text. For example:

set the card's description to "{carddescription} - Original Card: {triggercardname}"

More information on variables: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

If you need more assistance with your rules, can you post a screenshot of the rule as you have it right now?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events