Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake loop detection, how can I avoid this?

Jesús Parra Díaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2023

Hi there! 

I was trying to do what It seemed like a simple task but it got complicated, I have gmail integrated to a board and there is especifics e-mails always with the same name that are delivered to that board, and, basically, I'm trying to move those comments to especifics boards that have a different name from the card created in the e-mail, after they reach the specific board they organize themselves with their cards, but the thing is that I couldn't achieve this in a simple way so I made it work with this:1.png

2.png

3.png

I just have to create a card in the board that resends the cards with the same name that the board I want to be sending the cards. The problem is that when if it happens, in a short period of time, more than 3 times, is automatically detected as a loop, which is not because the e-mails are not infinite. How could avoid this? Or can you think any other way to make this work automatically? Like in the first place, instead of doing all this just moving the original e-mail to the board I want.

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

Loop detection is a bit opaque I'm afraid, but there may be another way to get this working!

Is it important that this happens in real time? If not, one option would be to batch those operations a few times per day.

For example, you could have the integration add your cards to an "Intake" list on Board A. Then create a calendar rule to run at 9am and 1pm daily to move all cards from "Intake" to "Processing". You could also try batching these hourly, or every half hour during your working hours to see if that works as well.

Separately, create an automation for "whenever a card with a name starting with "X" is added to list "Processing" move it to List "Y" on board "Z"". You could then duplicate that rule, and edit its criteria so that emails with different content were moved into different boards.

Jesús Parra Díaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2023

Thank you for the answer!

Yes, is not really needed to be in real time but it would be nice like each 5 minutes, is there any way to tell trello to trigger every 5 minutes without creating a rule for each time?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events