Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face of Card shows Custom Fields - and I don't like this.

Melissa Lynch September 24, 2021

Hello, The face of some of cards show the custom fields and its data, while others do not.  I prefer for the face of the cards not to show the custom fields because it looks too cluttered.  I only want to see the custom fields when I open the card.  Only some of my cards show this, and others don't.  I want to remove it from the card faces that do.  Does anyone know how I can remove it?  Thank you, Melissa

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.00.01 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2021

Hello @Melissa Lynch 

Just disable the option 'Show field on front of card' for the field you don't want on the front of the card:

file-thN4dy2Zc6.png

Melissa Lynch September 26, 2021

Thank you for your help.  Can you walk me through how you got to this "edit field" section. I have been looking and looking and I do not see this option. Thank you, Melissa

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

1. Open your Trello board

2. Click the Show menu button in the top right corner of the page.

3. Click the Custom Fields button.

4. Select a custom field you don't want shown on the card front.

5. When that field is shown, the Show field on front of card option should be visible:

Annotation 2021-09-28 062744.png

If it's not visible, you should contact the Trello support team for help

0 votes
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2021

You could try the Amazing Fields powerup.  It allows you to choose whether to show the fields on the front of the card and also allows you to choose which fields are shown on which cards.

https://trello.com/power-ups/60e068efb294647187bbe4f5

Thank you!  I will try.

I tried it, and intially it said it was free with a pro account.  But, when I went to edit, it said I needed to pay another monthly subscription fee. I do have a pro-account, so this was in addtion to the monthly fee I already pay.  I don't feel like I should need to pay anything to fix Trello's errors. I did not enable the custom fields to be on the face of the card, and also, sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't. So, this is their   error. :( I just want to edit them off, and I cannot find this option. ~M

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events