cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions not working

Russ Kulas
Banned
October 10, 2023

Just now, three extensions that I rely on every day stopped working. (They are: Collapsible Trello Lists, Trellists: Trello Lists Master, and List Highlighter for Trello.)

Is anyone else having a problem with extensions??

18 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
paulmcnally
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2023

From Trello Support Team about a week ago...

We recently released some changes to Trello's backend, which have resulted in significant improvements in performance, accessibility, and usability for our users. However, these changes have also had an impact on how certain third-party browser extensions work and interact with Trello. We have already reached out to the developers of these extensions to notify them of the changes and provide guidance on how they can make adjustments to ensure their extensions work well with Trello.

In case you're facing any issues with a browser extension, we recommend reaching out to the extension's developer directly. They should be able to provide you with further support.

Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2023

Thanks @paulmcnally This is correct! Marking this as the answer. 

Like David Plummer likes this
Malin Hunter January 23, 2024

Hey Team

Has anyone else lost their list high lighter? I've updated my Chrome version and cleared cache and restarted my PC without any luck. Any suggestions? Anyone else lost it?

Mel McMurrin January 24, 2024

Yes! See my note below. Fix coming.

3 votes
Danni Coyote
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2023

I contacted the developer and he responded that he is currently working on a fix for List Highlighter. He also linked me to his blog with some updates about the new version.

Hope this helps! 

Malin Hunter October 24, 2023

Thank you!!

Austin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2023

Great news! Thanks @Danni Coyote

David Plummer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 28, 2023

Thank you to everyone involved.

jamie erskine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 31, 2023

do others have it working now?  I see on the blog the developer has updated it, but my extension still doesnt work and the extension says last update june.

Ytzen Lont October 31, 2023

I used Trellist (hiding/showing lists).
It has not come back (yet). 

As an alternative I'm using Collapsible Trello Lists now. 
Not the same (must collaps/expand each list by hand), but second best. 

1 vote
Ytzen Lont October 25, 2023

Same here. Chrome extension Trellists is essential for me, but does not work anymore. 

0 votes
Mel McMurrin January 24, 2024

FYI  Jan 23 2024 List Highlighter stopped working. Mark the developer is aware. Here is what he wrote back:

Thanks for your email again! I’ve looked into this and it seems Trello has made a small change to their system, but it should be a simple fix :)

I hope to have something out before the weekend. If you’re on Chrome it usually takes a few weeks for their approval process to complete, but other browsers are usually quicker.

Kind regards,
Mark

Not sure what else yesterday's change made to other extensions...
Mel
Stéphane Franceschini January 24, 2024

Thanks for the update!

Such a simple feature, I wish Trello would buy out the code from Mark and implement it natively...

Thanks to the dev again :)

0 votes
Mel McMurrin November 7, 2023

At last, I can breath again. Version 5 is now working on Chrome (after clearing cache.) Thanks to the developer  Mark Kenny for saving us. I've just bought him some coffee via Paypal: beingmrkenny@gmail.com.  Consider it, fellow List Highlighter addicts...

Malin Hunter November 7, 2023

Thank you Mel for posting this. Mine wasn't working but it is now after deleting the cache and updating my Chrome version. 

It's a happy sight getting the old board look back. 

I'm not sure how to buy Mark coffee from NZ but I'll send him my thanks in an e-mail.

Cheers

Mel McMurrin November 8, 2023

Yes, I want to look at my board(s) again!
BTW that was a virtual coffee (a few GB pounds and a thank you) from the States to his his PayPal address (which should work in NZ.) I told him he should put a donation button on his page somewhere!

Gotta run, my red list is calling me! It's grown some over this month of greyness...

Like Xavier Sanleandro likes this
0 votes
Vladimir Todorović - Poslovni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 23, 2023

same here

0 votes
Stéphane Franceschini October 22, 2023

Still working on Edge.

For Chrome I tried:

- Uninstall all Chrome apps, only keep List Highlighter
- Clear history all time (cache, cookies, browsing history...)

Still not working.

I don't know what you guys think but it really seems like a "Chrome new update" kind of problem rather than a "trello" or a "list highlighter" problem.

The only one that can fix that is the app dev now.

Please, if you read that, your app is awesome, help us 🙏😅

0 votes
Mel McMurrin October 22, 2023

List Highlighter stopped working for me a week or so ago (Chrome Version 118.0.5993.89.)
Still works on Edge Version 118.0.2088.61.
I do have a lot more plugins installed with Chrome (which I've disabled to no avail.)

UPDATE: after a day or so Edge plugin stopped working too...

0 votes
Danni Coyote
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 22, 2023

List Highlighter suddenly stopped working for me just now. I am looking for solutions, as I rely on this extension daily. Has anyone found a solution yet? 

0 votes
K T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 21, 2023

Yes, multiple extensions not working for me. Atlassian are you going to make a communication about it at all? Is it Trello? Chrome? ?  Do you have solutions? 

0 votes
Alexandre Blain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 20, 2023

Yep, my List Highlighter for Trello has just stopped working as of today.

0 votes
Stéphane Franceschini October 13, 2023

Same for me, I really hope the person behind List Highlighter is already on it and there is a fix.
Or at least that Trello has planned to include this life-saving feature as native... 🤞🤞

0 votes
Marc Lamblin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 13, 2023

Same here with 

Collapsible Trello Lists

0 votes
Maciej Biegański
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2023

Same here. Why it doesn't work anymore after update?

0 votes
Serge Souprano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2023

Same here, not working. Was it an update to Trello, Chrome OR the plugin?

0 votes
Tuan-Anh BUI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 11, 2023

Strangely the list highlighter still works with the account I created using company email (new one, created just 2 days ago). None of the personal accounts worked.

0 votes
Malin Hunter October 11, 2023

Yes list highlighter stopped working. Looks like there have been updates as we also get a black line around the card. 

I'm also having issues with Trello freezing up, 

0 votes
Martin Norbury
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 11, 2023

Yes, my List Highlighter for Trello has just stopped working too. 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events