Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting rules in Trello

Jan Svop April 28, 2023

After offboarding a user in Trello, I would like to transfer the rules she had made to other users.
How do I transfer/sync/export-import rules between users in Trello, as admin?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Jan Svop and welcome to the community,

I would suggest that you add a tag to that person's rules https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/working-with-command-libraries/

This will allow the rule to be shared among the board's members. I do not know of any other way to export/import automation rules in Trello. You may also want to check out this article https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-and-managing-butler-commands/

Sharing of Card Buttons and Board Buttons is available for all Trello plans. Rules, Scheduled automations, and Due Date automations can only be shared with Automation Libraries—Automation Library sharing is only available on paid Trello plans

Jan Svop April 30, 2023

This worked formidably, thank you!

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Jan Svop 

This question comes up quite frequently and I always advise the same...

My advice if you are reliant on automations is to create a separate "bot" account for your Trello workspace for your automations.

1. This means if an individual leaves, you don't have to worry about your automations being affected
  2. You might notice that when the automations are in an account of a human, their activity log is filled with automation activities as well as the activity they are actually contributing to the board, separating this out is a good thing
  3. This one is for the automation geeks 🙂but it opens up the possibility to allow really advanced automations, especially the "if this is done....by anyone but me", which can be very powerful
Jan Svop April 30, 2023

We were thinking about doing it like this in the future. I think I would try to implement this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events