Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Checklist to Excel

Jean Novack February 23, 2024

Hello,

Im using Trello to control my Operational clients process.

I have 3 employees that are responsible for 3 boards. Each board control 30 client process.

To improve communication, Im trying to create a checklist in each card with around 20 items and using Automation to speed that communication. Each Item has a rule, sending email notification.

To have a report of all the clients/checklist, Im trying to export it to Excel. The trial I get from Trello app but it didn’t bring the checklist and the date related in one column, it is bringing all the completed items in one column and not completed items in another separated by comma

Is it possible to have/export to excel of each item of my checklist in your respective column?

Example of report (Columns):

Board Name

Card name

List 1 Name

Item 1 Name

Item 1 Date

Item 1 Member

Item 2 Name

Item 2 Date

Item 2 Member

Item 3 Name

Item 3 Date

Item 3 Member

3 answers

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2024

Hi @Jean Novack 

It's Mary from Planyway power-up for Trello.

Planyway power-up can export it all. Here is the instruction.

0 votes
Jean Novack February 24, 2024

0 votes
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

Could you post a screenshot of a dummy Excel with your format and a bit of sample data? (Not sure of the format you wish based on above)

Jean Novack February 24, 2024

Hi @Rasmus Wulff Jensen 

Im thinking in something like that.

There is a card and next, the idea of export in excel.

Captura de tela 2024-02-24 170230.png

Here is the Export Idea in Excel.

Captura de tela 2024-02-24 170442.png

Like Rasmus Wulff Jensen likes this
Jean Novack February 25, 2024

Hi @Rasmus Wulff Jensen 

Do you think is it possible to export in that way?

Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2024

@Jean Novack : It is absolutely possible with custom code, but I do not think any existing tool out of the box can do it... Reason I asked was because I'm thinking about making some management tools to deal with request like these/others (I've already buildt a free open-souce framework for such a tool, and based on following this forum there seems to be a need for such from people that are not developers themself)

Would you be interested to be an early tester of such a tool (for free)?, then I would try and build Export as the first feature, and custom built for your specific scenario in the first version to save development time...

The "risk" to you:

• The feature might go away again/later change into something that is more generic (that might be a bit more cumbersome for you to use over this first custom-built version)
  • You will need to authenticate with your Trello Account against the website-tool (like you would a PowerUp), in order for the tool to do it's work.
  • Live with the tool being a bit rough around the edges in this early stage (aka will not look pretty and polished design-wise)

If interested, please provide a bit more context for me to built it correctly:

1. What is the reason for it needing to be an Excel? (Would a live report on a webpage be better, or is it an export because it need to be printed, sent to others without access or the excel data need to be enhanced after the fact)?
  2. Are you seeking to get 1 Excel-file from the 3+ boards, or are we aiming for 1 file per board?
  3. Would we not need a State column to indicate if the checklist item is completed or not? (Or is the checklist date what indicate that to your via automation)?
  4. Would it not make sense to at the end include a link back to the card (URL) for easier navigation back 

PS: A bit more context about me/my "company" (if you are like me, a good, sensible sceptic about being offered free stuff on the internet 🤔 https://rwj.dk/manifesto/faq/ )

Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2024

@Jean Novack : If you are still interested in such an Export Feature, I've now made a Proof of Concept Website that can handle the export: https://trellotoolsstage.azurewebsites.net/

05 14_00_06.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events