Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiration date creating card from email

Txema Pinto April 28, 2022

Hello!

When I create a card from sending an email, is it possible to add an expiration date to that card?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2022

Hello,

Using the Hipporello Service Desk, you can define an email-to-board address and automations for the cards created through that email-to-board. (Disclaimer: you can also communicate with email senders from inside the created Trello cards).

With Hipporello you can configure settings for each incoming new email to create a card in Trello list X with Y name and Z description.

image.png

And next, you can get a card archived by defining the simple automation below:

When a card is moved to list A, archive the card.

So once you're done with an email card, you can either archive it manually or automate the archiving action by just dragging and dropping it to a new list. (By expiration, I think you meant archiving a card. Hope I got it right :).

Butler also works well for time-related automations.

Txema Pinto May 1, 2022

Thank you very much for your time and for your answer @Çiğdem Büyükaşik 

Like Çiğdem Büyükaşik likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

@Txema Pinto 

There is an archive card action which you can attach to any triggering event including a card that is emailed to a list. So then the conditions for that card is meet the archival can take place. It will not be from the "email to board" email.

Txema Pinto May 1, 2022

Thank you very much for your time and for your answer @milynnus 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events