Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded the number of command runs with Butler power-up?

Janne Sundelius Braathen June 18, 2019

Hi! 

We have a pretty big work group using three boards in Trello. And we are using the Butler power-up for automation within and between the boards. We've been using Trello for a month now and it has been working perfectly. Today however, we've exceeded the number of command runs this month. 

I did not know that it was a limit when we have a Trello Business account? 

But now I find this sentence: 

Your organization's quota is 6000 command runs and 125000 operations, of which 6000 command runs (100%) and 7174 operations (6%) have been used so far this period.

When is the quota renewed? And is there any other way in solving this? It's a huge and urgent problem in our organisation.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

@Janne Sundelius Braathen 

Hi Janne, I recommend to contact the official Trello support to ask for new operation limits: support@trello.com

In general, quotas are reset every month.

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2019

@Janne Sundelius Braathen 

Hi Janne, you might be interested in this article, where I am discussing possible strategies in cases like yours.

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2019

@Janne Sundelius Braathen when you start to run up against those Butler command limits it can be really crippling. It might be an idea to take some of the most critical and/or mature commands, or those run most frequently, and coding them directly as API functions. I created Trellinator for this purpose, you can find out more about it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Stu6161 January 31, 2021

These limits are incredibly tight and applied BRUTALLY!

I am using Trello for a personal planning tool.  Paying to use the software.  My routines handling 120 runs (moving cards from tasklists to priorities sheet) and assiging due dates and flags to around 10-20 cards per day.  Has compeltely blown through my 200 routines and will also blow through the next level of plan  (this is just my personal planning tool).

So 10 days into the month I am out of credits. 

Zero warnings about excessive use of credits

Nowhere see my utilisation (as far as I can see)

And am am completley locked out of the system for 20 days unless I pay up.  Is this professional software or RANSOMWARE?

20 days out, should I abandon this approach completely due to extreme cost?  Oh wait maybe I can tune my actions to make them more efficient.  But no way to find out until 20 days has elapsed.  This is Garbage.

If this was a business function and it was abruptly stopped without warning.  I would be completely enraged.  I thought Trello was super user friently and modern mindset......

I think there are better ways.  For paid plans, you should recharge credits DAILY.  That way if I over-use them, at least my outage is 1 day and I can test/trial solutions.  And if the solutions can't get me there, make an informed decision on upgrading.

And overall, I think that the level of credits offered in a paid plan, relative to the free plan is pretty measly.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

0 votes
James Quek October 18, 2019

I am now trapped in this same command runs limit (which I had no clue existed).

okie fair enough. I promptly upgraded to Business class, and yet my command runs limits are capped at 250.  I can add more and 3 power-ups so I know I am really in Business class.

several email calls for help to support remained unanswered. :-(

it is now a matter of urgency so i am reaching out to this community for help. 

Dot Votti November 22, 2019

Did you ever get help? I'm in the same boat.

Janne Sundelius Braathen November 25, 2019

I ended up paying for the Enterprise.... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events