Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sending an email to Trello from Gmail on mobile (IOS)

Frank Bradley November 28, 2019

When I try to forward an email in my Gmail account (on my iPhone), to a Trello Board, from the Gmail App, I'm getting the error shown in the screenshot below.

I have no problem in forwarding the exact same email from Gmail on my laptop web browser (Firefox on Windows 10).

Any ideas on why this is happening?

IMG_4334.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

@Frank Bradley did you know that the Trello gmail addon recently became available in the gmail app on mobile? Might be a better option than email to board (which has some issues around "threading" that I've found in the past made it more or less unusable over time)

Frank Bradley December 2, 2019

I am able to get the Trello gmail addon working on the browser, but not on the IOS gmail app.  Have tried googling for details, but can't find anything.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

Hi @Frank Bradley 

Hmmmm, that is interesting!

I can honestly say that I don't have the same problem, using the Gmail app on iOS13.

I have copied and pasted the board email into Google Contacts as a specific name e.g. Trello 19-20 Tax Return, so that I know exactly which board it should go into, and then I have specified the specific list on the board that I want it to go into. I have an 'inbox' on all my boards, so that all the emails go into this list no matter which board it's on.

I have set up about 10 email addresses in Google Contacts this way, and I've never had a problem, so this really intrigues me!

I also recently discovered that each card has a specific email address as well, and that when you send an email to that address, it adds the email as a comment to the card, and I can confirm that this works, and works like magic!

Have you added the email address you're trying to email to your Google Contacts, maybe give that a try and see if that works?

Let me know how that goes or if I can be of any more help!

Esme :)

Frank Bradley December 2, 2019

Thanks for the reply.  It's working for me in Gmail on the browser, without adding the address to Google Contacts.  It's only on the IOS mobile app that I have issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events