Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Butler rule on new board by default

Bram De Wilde November 20, 2020

Whenever a new board is created from a template all Butler rules enabled on that board are set to disabled in the newly created board. Is there a way to change this behaviour so that Butler rules are automatically active upon board creation?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk De Wever August 25, 2023

Its sad that even this topic is already of age, I still have to look for a solution to accomplish the same but still there is none…

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Bram De Wilde ,

Nope! Butler can't be activated automatically because if you are creating a board from a template and the template built on a business plan and you are using a free plan then it will crash or may cause internal backend problems and a lot more things can happen! So that is why it was disabled by default you can enable it according to your needs!

Bram De Wilde November 20, 2020

Hi Soumyadeep,

Thank you for the quick response. Seems like a bit of an erratic reason though. Card buttons and board buttons seem to follow a different logic as they can be enabled for the team (card buttons) and for the board (copied in and enabled from a template board). I'm not sure if a board button can be made pard of a public template though, they might be restricted to my private templates...

Am I the first one to want event triggered (as opposed to button triggered) butler rules that are enabled throughout boards for a certain team? Is anyone aware of a way (maybe via the extended power-up system) to enable or work around this limitation? We are in a use case where we will be creating very similar boards from a template over and over and these boards will become filled with Butler rules that will each time have to be manually activated. As these Butler rules are generating some board overarching overviews it woudla be highly inconvenient if some users forget to activate the rules for their boards, resulting in incomplete overview data.

Should I make this into a feature request?

Like Evanthe Dunn likes this
Evanthe Dunn January 10, 2021

Hello! I've arrived here looking for the same information! This feature would also be really handy to me!

Deleted user June 4, 2021

Would really like this function to be available. Have been looking for an alternative software due to the time I'm spending enabling rules on hundreds of boards.

Tom Crooke November 3, 2022

Newish joiner to Trello. How isn't this a feature yet? It seems quite a basic request when you can enable buttons by default.

Drew Fleming January 9, 2023

I need this feature too. Or, I need a way for other team members to view the rules I created to enable them. Right now only I can enable the rules because I created them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events