Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding private boards onto external websites?

IT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2023

I know this question has been placed multiple times during the past five years and more, however no solutions has been found yet.
I know that trello website uses the x-frame protection to prevent click-jacking, however this solution could be left to the end-users, by adapting this configuration per-page and with whitelisted domains. It's technically possible, why it hasn't been discussed so far?
The effort to provide an embedding code during this years is cool, however the current support for the private (non-public) boards is limited to a picture that is merely a "big" clickable icon, the only useful thing you can actually read on it, it's the board name.
Are you investing time for a better solution? Can we hope in something better, or we should give up?

(And yes, I know you can resemble a custom page made via API, but it's a such big task to develop, risking to create more security issues to what this limitation is trying to avoid)

Thanks for the attention.

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

@IT 

You can take a look at Hipporello if you are looking at exposing your board on a webportal. I have used it to build a crm, a webportal to published documentation on a system and a 'store'

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

>however this solution could be left to the end-users

That's the entire reason it has been done - Atlassian don't want to shift the responsibility for having to worry about click-jacking onto people who shouldn't have to worry about it.

IT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2023

They wouldn't, defaulting it as it is now, and adding the option to white-list specific domains won't expose the end user to click-jacking, unless the "hacker" is the owner himself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events