Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email report with multiple lists

Amy Louise June 30, 2022

I have an automated email report set up to send at 4pm everyday with items with a certain label in a single list. This works perfectly, I would like the report to start including items from a second list with the same labels. I've tried so many different ways and none of them work. If someone could explain how the report code works? Where do I find the report code? I included where I want the reports to show in the email but if I want multiple reports in an email how do I put the code in?

screencapture-trello-b-xWrJEfc5-marketing-butler-schedule-edit-U58dd4b5825a90d23babb78a7-P23-2022-06-30-16_49_05.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

To use multiple report actions, you'll need to specify the "in variable" option on the report action. Otherwise the "report" variable will just be overwritten by the last action.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 5.38.41 PM.png

You'll then reference {listingsReport} and {completedReport} for example, instead of {report}

Amy Louise July 4, 2022

I tried it like that just now and it's still not working. I get the email with no reports.

screencapture-trello-b-xWrJEfc5-marketing-butler-schedule-edit-U58dd4b5825a90d23babb78a7-P23-2022-07-04-11_15_56.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-04 at 11.17.29 AM.png

Amy Louise July 13, 2022

I still need help with this if anyone knows what I'm supposed to do?

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2022

Hey @Amy Louise - looking at your rule, I think you're missing the "$" before the report variable:

• "{listingsReport}" should be "{$listingsReport}"
  • "{completedReport}" should be "{$completedReport}"

Does that work?

Like Amy Louise likes this
Amy Louise July 13, 2022

I needed the codes {$listingsReport_html} and {$completedReport_html} but that definitely helped...thank you so much!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events