Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications are being sent to a group email in Outlook when I add a card in a private board

Clifford Bunten August 12, 2020

I have a private GSD board in Trello.  I had previously linked my Microsoft Teams account to Trello so that I can add a channel in teams for viewing particular Trello boards.

I have a private board I use to keep track of my own tasks that is not shared with any team or group.

When I add a card or conduct any activity on this board - an email notification is sent to a group email inbox in Outlook - how the hell is that happening? I have never associated this email alias with anything in Trello.

What is it about Private Board that is so hard to understand - if I wanted this shared with a team - I would add it to a team board!

2 answers

0 votes
Clifford Bunten August 16, 2020

Will send you a copy of the email.  The address the notification is being sent to is NOT the email address I have registered in Trello.  Nor does the group email address have any access to the board that is sending notifications to it.  It has not been authorised in Teams, Onedrive or any other third-party app that I can see.

Have sent a copy of the email.

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Trello will only send email notifications to the email we have on file im your account. Any chance you have group email registered in your account? That would then cause notification emails to be sent to that address.

Another option, I could think of is using of a 3rd party tool. Those can provide emails too and you may have forgotten about those still being set up or authorized in your account. Can you send us an example of the email that was sent to the group via trello.com/contact so we can take a look?

Thanks for your efforts.

Oree Azriel August 10, 2022

hey,

we have encountering the same issue and cannot find any answer or option that matches what you guys described.

our emails are being received from our outlook group address "TopNetsuite@ramdor.co.il" on behalf of Trello and To the group mentioned.

we couldn't find any settingor reference for this address on trello

@Torban_trello

can you please assist?

thanks in advance

Oree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events