Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification on card for mentioning someone

Imi_ol January 6, 2022

Hi there, 

I am new to Trello and just getting the hang of it. I wondered if it is possible to set up an automation so that when someone is @ / mentioned in a card / someone comments on something and @ someone they then get an email notification that they have been mentioned?

I know it is possible in Jira to do this so i'm hoping it is the same in Trello but haven't quite figured that one out. 

Let me know

Thanks

Imogen 

4 answers

1 vote
Anna Nielsen October 13, 2022

I would like to have that when mentioned with @ an email will be sent to the person, regardless of their notifications settings.

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Imi_ol ! Welcome to the community :) did you manage to solve this one? The article Vero linked above should have all the information you need. Basically, by default, Trello will fire off a notification when someone is @mentioned in a card's comments or checklist item. In terms of receiving that notification, it's all dependant on how the person has configured their notification settings. By default, they'll be notified periodically, so that way, updates will be batched into one email. If you want people to be notified immediately, you can change this in your email notification settings as mentioned here.

If people still aren't receiving emails when they're being @mentioned in comments/checklists,  there is a bit of troubleshooting info here.

Let me know how you get on!

0 votes
Hussain Harun February 21, 2023

So like someone mentioned, Trello has built in email notifications. The downside is that is dependent how they have their notifications set up.

The way I prefer is to create an automation. For the Trigger, go to "Card Contents" and select the one that says "When a comment...". For the text add their full username (for example @hussainharun). Change it from "Starting with" to "contains". Then under actions go to "Content" and you'll see the "Send an email notification to". I added the person's email address that corresponds to the user name in the trigger. Then for the subject I wrote "Hey someone mentioned you in the {cardname} card"

Then you have to repeat this automation for reach user :)

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Imi_ol 

Look at this post, maybe can help you

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events