Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email forwarding to email-to-board doesn't create new cards.

Jason Blum August 19, 2020

I have set up an email on my domain to forward both to my Trello board's email-to-board and to my personal email address.

All the emails come through to my personal email address, so I know it's forwarding.

And I can email the email-to-board address directly and see that cards do indeed get created.

...But emails forwarded to the email-to-board address don't seem to work.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

@Jason Blum what system are you using to forward the emails automatically? 

Jason Blum August 20, 2020

@Iain Dooleyah thanks - it's actually just Hover.com, forwarding to two emails: the first to a Trello board and the second to my personal address.  The second always comes through.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@Jason Blum Hmm I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't show up, other than that the IP address is blocked from delivering somehow. Some things I'd try:

1) Set up a forward that only forwards to the Trello board address without also forwarding to your personal address

2) Set up a forward to a different board, and/or to an individual card

3) If none of that shows any promise, go back to trello.com/contact and submit the question to Trello rather than to the community (maybe do a walkthrough of your setup using a Loom screencast)

Jason Blum August 26, 2020

@Iain Dooleywell I appreciate your trying to sort it out, but I guess the problem is obviously on Hover's end.  I spent some time with their support, and tried various combinations of new email-to-board emails, different boards, and nothing really worked.  Since they did forward to gmail, I just set it up to do that, and created a rule in gmail to forward on to trello.  Silly, but it works.  Thanks for your help!

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events