Edit, delete and create new checklists

Felicity Kay May 3, 2018

Hi! 

I want to edit my current list of checklists, add new options and generally clean up what's there - how do I do this? 

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Felicity Kay May 3, 2018

Hi! Thaks for replying - I am! I clicked the help button and it sent me here...!

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, Felicity! This is a great resource for getting your questions answered. Please let me know if the Trello guide doesn't provide the information you need and either I or one of the other community members familiar with Trello will do our best to help you out.

Felicity Kay May 3, 2018

Hi Jonny, it unfortunately didn't help! 

Like Tricia Tuanquin likes this
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

On cards that have a checklist, just below the card title you should see the checklist summary (a checkbox and # of items done /# of total checklist items).

Click on a card bearing the checklist summary (not on the edit pencil) and you should get a detail view of the card. On any of the checklist items you can put a check in the box, click on the checklist item to edit the field, or click on the 3-dot menu to delete the item / move it to it's own card. To create another checklist you can click on the checklist button on the right of the card summary window.

Like Laurie Rios likes this
Laurie Rios March 3, 2021

Hi Jonny, I had the same question. But I think what Felicity Kay meant, and my question is: How to edit or delete checklists that have already been made. On the checklist in question, I deleted an item that I wanted to put into another checklist. When the next card had the first checklist automatically added to it (because I moved it to the next list) the item I had previously deleted came back. 

Like # people like this
Kristy Graves October 22, 2022

I also have this question and haven't found the answer yet. 

I want to edit the automated items that have already been added to a checklist.

5 years later, is that possible? 

Like Tricia Tuanquin likes this
Tricia Tuanquin December 14, 2022

I also have the same question. Is there a convenient way to edit existing checklists that doesn't end on one card and actually edit/update the checklist itself?

0 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

@Felicity Kay I think you are looking for guidance in regards to Trello. Please let me know if that is incorrect.

If you haven't already, please check out the Trello guide. https://trello.com/guide

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events