Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier way to move cards between boards?

Richard Price January 15, 2019

I have three boards going now. One is my daily Tasks list. When I have 4-5 cards over on a project board and want to move them to my Tasks area I get to click 5 times to move each card. There has to be an easier way???  

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

@Richard Price moving between boards is a bit of a weak spot for Trello.

The quickest way to do it on the web or desktop apps is to hover over the card, hit "e" and choose move, then click the board menu, either select or start typing the name of the board (it's a standard dropdown widget) then hit enter and select the list to move it to.

What I often do is create an automation (you could use Butler, or Trellinator) to move cards to a particular spot when I add a label.

Richard Price January 17, 2019

Hi Lain. Thanks. Yeah, that's a bit too much to do when I'm moving 5-10 a day and then back to other boards. I wish they would let cards appear on two boards. Seems like a simple feature to add!  ha! 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

@Richard Price there are a few options for this. One is the Unito power up which allows you to sync cards between boards in various ways:

https://trello.com/power-ups/595e989fa8f137d2af456fd4/board-sync-by-unito

Another is to use Butler to copy a linked card to another board when a label is added, or just move a card, for example:

When a label is added move the card to list "New" on board "{labelname}"

As far as I know you can't currently create new Butler accounts while they integrate it into the core Trello product.

Benko Board is an integration I created that not only allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client, but also puts a linked copy of all cards you're added to anywhere in Trello into your personal board (ie. your tasks list) which makes it operate as a better version of Trello's native cards view:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2019

Hi @Richard Price,

What kind of Kanban tools are you using? Jira or Trello?

Richard Price January 15, 2019

Hi Ollie - Trello. Sorry, I thought the support link took me to a Trello community :)

BTW--for the Product folks listening--the check boxes at the bottom of these questions forms don't include Trello as an option. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events