Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail notifications, how to disable?

Kai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2021

Is it somehow possible to disable e-mail notifications from Trello? Problem is many people updating same card and all are getting continuous notifications...

3 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Kai ,

Welcome to the community!

Please follow the below steps to disable notifications

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM A CARD

1. In Trello
  2. Go to that card and click the "Subscribe" button, it toggles whether you are or aren't receiving email updates to that card

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE BOARD

1. In Trello
  2. Open the Gmail-to-Trello Extension board
  3. Click "••• Show Menu" in the upper right of the screen
  4. Click "••• More"
  5. Click "Subscribe" to toggle the checkbox on / off

TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. In Trello
  2. Click your name in the upper right of the screen
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Under "Notifications", click "Change Notification Email Frequency"
  5. Select "Never"

I hope it will solve your issue.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Kai Okay so the issue is that you've already chosen to "Never" receive notifications, but even after selecting that you're still receiving Trello notifications?

Even when you select Never you will still receive notifications for some things like being added to a new board, but you shouldn't still receive notifications for things like comments, card moves or due dates.

If you are still receiving all those notifications you can reach out to Trello support here:

https://trello.com/contact/

Incidentally if you want to "tame" Trello notifications, my product BenkoBoard dramatically reduces the total number of Trello notifications you receive by automatically unwatching any card you're added to, then adding a linked copy of the card to a central Inbox list:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

This means you only ever get notified about betting added to a card or mentioned in a comment, and means that everyone can actually have their Trello notifications enabled on their desktop/mobile without being constantly spammed with endless notifications.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Kai 

Look at this post, maybe can help you

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Cheers

Kai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2021

we have chosen "never" from e-mail notifications and still all are receivin' e-mails

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events