Dynamic links when copying a list

Marius Hammer April 13, 2023

Hi, i have a list with a repetitive process. My list is a template, and i copy it and reuse it on other boards.

Problem is that i have some links in several cards. IE: "On this card customer will upload images to designer - images will be found on this card (link to card in the beginning of the list).

But the link does not link to the new copied list i have placed on the customers board. The link is static, and liks to the card in the _template_ list.

Is there a way to make liks dynamic?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Marius Hammer and welcome to the community,

Can you share a screenshot of your links? Where is this link placed? As an attachment? On the description?

Hi -
here is a screenshot of the links. These are trello card links, generated from the share-function on the card i link to.
In other words these links link to other cards in the same list in trello.
It all works perfectly on the original list. 
But when i copy and move the list to another board, the links still link to the cards in the original list.
I want the links to link to the card in the copied list.

Skjermbilde 2023-04-13 kl. 12.03.38.pngSkjermbilde 2023-04-13 kl. 12.18.34.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

I'm not sure that these links can be dynamic. At least not that I'm aware of anything like that.

Tanks for your input Alex :)
You don´t have a clever idea on how to make this work with a workaround, do you..?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2023

Unfortunately I don't have a clue. Maybe search for a power up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events