Due dates not triggering rules when approaching due date

Rhys Campbell March 11, 2020

I have rules set on our board to add and remove labels as the projects get closer to their due date. These labels are suppose to change at 24, 48, 96 and 144 hours.

[Rules Butler Example] "when a due date between 24 and 48 hours from now is set on a card, remove the purple "P4 - NOT URGENT" label from the card, remove the red "P1 - TOP PRIORITY" label from the card, remove the yellow "P3 - WHEN AVAILABLE" label from the card, and add the orange "P2 - SEMI-URGENT" label to the card" 

[Due Dates Butler Example] "24 hours before a card is due, remove the orange "P2 - SEMI-URGENT" label from the card, and add the red "P1 - TOP PRIORITY" label to the card"

I have done a few variations on these rules (changed the hours, changed it to days, done it in both "due date" and "rules" on Butler etc.) but it doesn't seem to be acknowledging a change and then applying the rule. 

I have tested this. If the time is 12:30, I create a new card and set a a time of 12:31 the next day, or 24:01 away. When the clock hits 12:31 today, Trello highlights the due date in yellow and give the card a notification. However, it doesn't trigger the rule. 

Trello says under my "Usage Log" that "I'm tracking 7 cards with due dates on this board. New due dates or changes to existing due dates will be tracked automatically." TO me that says yes it is tracking but the rules are not executing.

I do not know how to fix this and I have tried numerous variations. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2020

@Rhys Campbell have you tried testing this such that you have to wait longer before the event should occur? I remember working with ButlerBot and testing due dates, I would always make sure the event would be more than 2 minutes in the future when testing. From your test it sounds like you're setting a due date that will trigger something to happen 1 minute away which might suffer from the same problem.

Also I can't see any way to create the rule "when a due date between 24 and 48 hours from now is set on a card", I can only see the "between" option as a filter

Rhys Campbell March 12, 2020

This is where the 'between' is located. 
Trello1.jpg
However, I think I have sorted the problem. Cheers for the tip on 1 min away, it was a problem. All the test I did under Due Date was with a 1 minute check. It works once I gave it time to process. 

The system I need is to have the 'Due Dates' rule AND having the 'Rules' rules on as well. I misunderstood what it meant by 'set on'. 

Seems everything is working under that setup. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events