Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date triggered rules not working

Jordan Cooperman June 18, 2021

Can't seem to get a couple of my automations working in Trello PC web.   Attached a screen cap.  The two rules below aren't working, or are inconsistently working.

• when a due date is moved in a card in list "This Week" due in more than 6 days without the orange "CATA" label, move the card to the top of list "To Do", and sort the list by due date ascending
  • when a due date is moved in a card with the orange "CATA" label due in more than 6 days, move the card to the top of list "CATA"

In both cases, when I change an existing due date from today to 7 or more days in the future, the card does not move to the appropriate list.  Seems like a trigger issue as sometimes when I play around with the due dates the rule will work, but seems to be no pattern to it.2021-06-18 16_16_00-To Do _ Trello.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out about this. This rule is currently filtering based on the trigger condition. Therefore it will only trigger if a) the card is in the "This week" list and b) if the due date on the card before the change was more than 6 days away. If you are changing the due date from today, then it doesn't fit the filter.

It sounds like you want to detect what the new date is and trigger the rule based on this. Here is where you can set this: https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuoYwkO

Could you try that and see if it works for you?

Thanks,
Ryan

Jessica Gray September 20, 2023

Hey there,

i am completely new to everything here. I have a similar problem like Jordan.

I set an automation - also see attachment

• the moment a card in list "To Do + kaufen" due in less than 7 days is due, copy the card to the top of list "Lagerverkauf / Aktionen" on board "M Akute Aufgaben", and add member @markusstenger to the card

But no cards are copied into the board i wanted it to. Is it because i just set it up today or did I make another mistake?

Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events