Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date and date completed should be 2 different pieces of data.

Mike_Galligar March 8, 2020

I would like to know: 
    Was the card completed: On, Before, or After the due date? I'm not sure where the card should exist in the calendar: (on the due date? or on the completed date?).

What I do know is if you're tracking data; Due date and completed date are not the same things. On a good day, they will coincide but it will often workout that the completion will happen on a day that is different than the "due date".

I feel this is a flaw that should be fixed. In the meantime, I may look into using Butler to work on this.

3 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Hi @Mike_Galligar 

I use both of these together, I use Butler with Custom Fields.

This is the card button that I set up:

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.44.29.pngThis card button ^^^ renames the card with the date and time that I completed the card AND changes the custom field 'Completed' to the date and time that it was completed. I have set the 'Completed' to a text box so that I can have the date in the format that I like, which is 20-03-08 (today).

The other way to do this, is to create a rule when a due date is ticked:

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.48.14.pngThis doesn't include a custom field though

Hope that's helpful!

0 votes
Bear Humphreys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

Or maybe sounds like a job for the 'Custom Fields' power up?

Once activated, you can choose a name for a date field to be inserted, among other types of data.

Screenshot_2020-03-09 Test card for custom fields power up on Haven View Chalet Trello.png

Then your card will have that extra facility to mark the completed date information, separate to the due date information.

Test card for custom fields power up on Haven View Chalet Trello2.png

When the user selects the button, the standard date picker appears:

Screenshot_2020-03-09 Test card for custom fields power up on Haven View Chalet Trello3.png

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

@Mike_Galligar you can see when a due date was marked as complete in the card actions, separately from when it was due:

2020-03-09 at 11.39 am.png

If you wanted to be able to see at a glance when things are marked complete on, before or past the due date you could use a Butler rule to apply a label depending on those conditions:

2020-03-09 at 11.41 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events