Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Triggers not working

Madeline Heeb November 14, 2021

I have separate boards to manage client projects and one board called "My Week". I want to set a trigger across all boards that when a card has a due date between 1 and 3 days it makes a copy of the card to the 'TO DO' list on my 'My Week' board. I thought this was pretty straightforward and tried to set it up in the Due Date rules but when I made a test task with a due date 2 days ahead, nothing is moving. Am I missing something?Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.14.12 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hey @Madeline Heeb - what you're describing is possible, but you'll need to structure your rule(s) a bit differently.

The "on the day a card is due" trigger means that the rule will run on the date of the card's set due date. The next part of your rule is a condition, which is checking whether the due date is between 1 and 3 days away (which it won't be, it'll be 0 days away), so your action will never run.

I think to get the behavior you're looking for you will want to set up a trigger like "3 days before a card is due, [...]". This will only apply to cards that are 3 days out from their set due date.

I've got a similar workflow that will move things into a "Now" list (for my day/week), which I'll trigger to run on Sunday evenings ("on the sunday before a card is due") to pick up all my weekly cards and move them.

Hope this helps,

Felix

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events