cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Automation not working for Completed Due Dates

Jonedaaa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

I have been trying to make it so the moment a card in QOTD list with the "Finished" and "Question Of The Day" label with a complete due date, it archives.

But the card I have exactly is in the QOTD list, with Finished and QOTD label also with a complete due date. But when it hits the card's due date, it doesn't archive, even after multiple checking, and my automation is enabled. Anything that I can fix?

image.png

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

@Jonedaaa I believe it has something to do with the due date being complete. Trello no longer sees the card as due, so it doesn't apply to the trigger. If a due date is complete, you should also no longer receive the default due date reminders. 

If you try saying "when a card in list X with labels A and B is due, archive the card", and try test it with a card with an incomplete due date, it should work. 

As an alternative approach, you could create a grey "done" label and then create two rules:

"when the due date is marked complete in a card in list "Question of the Day", with labels "Finished" and "Question of the day", add the "done" label to the card."

"Every day at 6am, archive all cards with the "done" label."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events