Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox power up does not let me select a folder. I can only select individual files

Denniz Zolnoun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2018

Hi I am early stage user of trello. I am trying to attach a folder with number of imbeded folders and individual files to trello for our team work. I am however, unable to get the option for folder attachement. 

I can select and attach individual files within folder. Once I highlight the folder it prompts me to open and only then it give me the option to select an individual file and then upload it. 

I tried logging in and out and restarting. Still dont have the ability to select a folder in its entirty. Any thoughts? advice ? 

Thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2018

Hi Denniz,

There's a bit of an inconsistency here (thanks for pointing it out!) which we're going to be working to fix.

If you use the Attachment button and then choose to attach via Dropbox, that only allows you to attach files and not folders, and is probably what you're seeing.

If you enable the Dropbox Power-Up, though, and click on that to attach, that allows you to select a folder as well as a file.

We're going to try to make that a bit more consistent of an experience, but for now, using the Dropbox Power-Up will let you attach folders!

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

Hi @Denniz Zolnoun are you using the DropBox PowerUp? If so, have you authenticated it via your dropbox account?
Check out this link with more details:

https://help.trello.com/article/1031-using-the-dropbox-power-up

Let me know if this help,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events