Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox error when trying to logon

John Polo October 27, 2018

I have added dropbox as a power up, and then tried to attach a file via dropbox. The system asks me to login to dropbox as part of the process, but nothing happens. I notice there is an error message: Unable to communicate with the parent window. Is there a way to resolve this. This is Trello via my Mac

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hey John,

can you try to see if it works in the browser? If that does not work either would you mind sending us the log files of the desktop app from the Help section via trello.com/contact? We'd be happy to take a look.

John Polo October 29, 2018

Thanks Torben,

I think its a bug as the Trello support team have given me a workaround..... log into the browser, authorise Dropbox there, and then the app will work.

Tom TBM March 3, 2019

Hi there. I get the 'Could not communicate with https://dropbox.trello.services' error shown in the pop up box, when i click the Dropbox Power Up button on the app 2.10.8. I can attach a Dropbox file if I click 'Add an attachment' but not if I click the Dropbox Power Up button.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Tom

Like # people like this
3 votes
Nigel Hanscamp April 22, 2019

HI @Torben_trello 

I'm having the same issue that Tom was having last year.  The Powerup connection doesn't seem to work. Can you help?

Nigel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events