Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragging to copy/duplicate?

shecky2000 December 13, 2019

I occasionally want to copy the same card to multiple lists. If find doing so cumbersome, involving multiple menu steps. Instead I would love to be able to drag cards between lists, while leaving the card in the original list. Much like how in the Adobe suite one can hold the option key while dragging to create a duplicate. So far I have not found any short cut to accomplish this. Might anyone out there have any solutions? Thanks for considering!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hi

When you want to duplicate, before you move the card, assign a specific label and associate a butler rule to this label like 

when a card with the black "Split" label is added to the board, copy the card to the top of list "{listname}"

When you want to move a card without duplicate, don't forget to remove the specific label.

Note : the cursor on the card + "L" is a short cut to assign a label to the card.

An another way : use a custom field rule 

when custom field "Mylist" is set, move the card to the top of list "{{%Mylist}}", copy the card to the top of list "{{%Mylist}}", and clear custom field "Mylist"

Then You just fill the custom field with the name of the list where you want to move & copy the card. 

shecky2000 December 15, 2019

This is super helpful. Thank you!

0 votes
Liam January 15, 2023

A much easier way! Cmd/Ctrl + C while hovering over the card to copy it. Cmd/Ctrl + V while hovering over a list to paste it.

See https://trello.com/shortcuts

0 votes
Marco Stucchi September 26, 2022

Adding my experience here: for Mac users, it's very like the gold standard to move while holding the option key and have the item duplicated.

The suggested solution seems not for the everyday folk... do you think it would be feasible to add support for the "Option" key? Every Mac user would use it intuitively... I think they would appreciate it!

thanks!

bye!

Marco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events