Download All Attachments from Trello Card

Andy Ciordia January 14, 2019

Since 2015 I've been hoping we'd see a 'Download All Attachments' button, power feature, something--but nothing.

Is there anything in the pipeline to fix this? We use Trello and dump dozens of images into a project card and when we want to pull them all out for handling the UX behavior is really poor. Open in new Tab, Tab, Save As, x15 ..Real waste of resources.

Firefox & Chrome Image Saver plugins are kludgy at best. It would be fantastic if we could just have a Download All attachments, and it provides a zip, or emails a zip when its available.

(This service is also available throughout other Atlassian products so let's get that put here as well, please.)

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@Andy Ciordia perhaps you could link to a Google Drive folder from the card and dump the images in there instead

Andy Ciordia January 17, 2019

For an individual, sure, for a diversified contract force with differing tech fluencies? Not so much. I'd rather them all just keep drag/dropping into Trello as a nice UX flow and then when I am ready to repackage it onto our NAS or Dropbox shares I can just tap-save-all-as and done. Everything is AWS hosted, they know the filenames, this isn't rocket or development science so I'm really consistently at a loss on the difficulty of implementing it.

Like # people like this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

@Andy Ciordia Trello's power really comes from its API, so I understand why they don't add features like this (if you see the variety of ideas posted on the community daily you can understand why they keep their feature set small and focus on API/integrations).

With that in mind there are a few options you have. Firstly, you could create a Zap that triggers when an attachment is added to a card and copies it to a Dropbox or Google Drive folder attached to the card, creating the folder if one doesn't already exist and attaching it to the card.

This is also something that could be done in Trellinator pretty easily, even for example recreating an "All Files" zip in Google Drive and linking it to the card every time a new attachment is added.

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Noice! SMORT!!! 👏🤓 You a legend @Iain Dooley 

Like # people like this
3 votes
christine_0044 March 23, 2021

I would like this to be a feature also.  At the moment I use a third party trello attachment downloader - 

https://bendellar.com/download-all-attachments-from-trello-card-as-a-zip-file/#comments

https://trello-downloader.xiat.net/. 

It's free and it works fantastically!!  I'm just concerned about security.  I have no idea where copies of my documents are going.  We like to use Trello to work on small projects to keep everything together, then when all done download all of the documents, ideally not to the cloud as we don't use it.  It seems like it's a feature that would benefit EVERYONE!  Happy for it to be a powerup.  Would like to be able to do it with some feeling of security.

Deleted user March 23, 2021

Someone posted this previously here, and then it got 'moderated' presumably because it is definitely not a safe thing to do and also because it highlights that your Trello attachment data is not secured behind your login credentials, and is available to anyone who has the URL.

3 votes
Deleted user October 17, 2020

I agree with the original post, that this should be a feature.  Make it a power-up, then it is another reason for people to transfer to the paid subscription, and won't contaminate the UI for everyone who doesn't need it.

muneern-discoverycoza March 11, 2021

Why should people pay extra for a good UX?

Like Miguel Costa likes this
Deleted user March 12, 2021

Surely the queston is why should a company not charge for a tool that makes you more productive?  Trello isn't a charity, the free tool is a hook to lead people to the paid tool.  Commercially it makes sense for them to put tools like this in the paid category to encourage people to pay for their service rather than get everything for free. 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Stephanie Pelham August 18, 2021

I also agree with the original post. My team uses the free Trello acc, but this feature would save us all time and guaranteed we'd upgrade to pro.

1 vote
seyed_ehsan_hosseini June 29, 2023

Hello to all
You can use the software I just created to download all attachments of Trello cards at once
This software is free and will remain free forever
You can download the version for Mac and Windows operating systems from the address below
https://github.com/SeyedEhsanHosseini/TCAD/releases/tag/v0.1.0
In addition, the source code of this software is freely available to you, so that your thoughts about the program's performance and security are at ease.

Mel Atwood June 30, 2023

Want this to work... but installing a random .exe seems like a bad idea.

Like # people like this
seyed_ehsan_hosseini June 30, 2023

You are exactly right, but as I said, to make your mind at ease about the security of this software, you can check the source code of the program and see that there is no risk in using this software.

seyed_ehsan_hosseini June 30, 2023

Also, there is no need to installation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events