Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Plan

Ranieri G Von Dentzsch August 24, 2021

Hi! We are only 3 Trello users in a company, today we have a Premium subscription, but we only use 9 frames on 3 desktops. Should we downgrade to Standard, or use Free? How to downgrade, I tried and do not accept anything other than Premium.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

Hi @Ranieri G Von Dentzsch !

Great questions. When choosing the Trello plan that's right for your team, it comes down to what features you want and what budget you have. 

Free Workspaces are subject to a 10-board limit. When you say "9 frames on 3 desktops", are you saying your team has 9 boards? Regardless, it sounds like you may be below the 10 board limit, but this is something to keep in mind when choosing a plan. 

Next it comes down to budget and features. It's best to compare plans at trello.com/pricing, but I'll highlight some that may be of interest:

Standard ($5 per user per month when paid annually, $6 per user per month when paid monthly)

• Unlimited boards
  • Advanced checklists (ability to assign members and due dates to individual checklist items)
  • Custom Fields (now a core feature in Standard, Premium, and Enterprise)
  • 250 MB per file attachment (only 10 MB in free Workspaces)
  • 1000 automated command runs per month

Premium ($10 per user per month when paid annually, $12.50 per user per month when paid monthly)

All Standard features, plus:

• Dashboard view
  • Timeline view
  • Table view
  • Map view
  • Unlimited automated command runs
  • Workspace-level features like collections and templates
  • Admin and security features
  • Priority support
  • ...and more

If you decide Premium is not the right plan for you, you can switch to Standard or downgrade to free via your Workspace's billing tab. Instructions for switching from Premium to Standard, or for canceling Premium altogether, are available here: https://help.trello.com/article/836-change-or-cancel-your-trello-plan

Note: If your billing page does not have the "Explore plans" button as shown in the help doc, it likely means either you're on a Premium free trial or you're on an outdated version of Business Class. Let me know if that's the case and I can help guide you from there. 

I hope this helps! 

Vicki August 24, 2021

Hi, piggybacking on this thread. I don't seem to have a billing tab to check my plans and consider what I want to do with my account when the change happens. I am on the original premium plan, but for some reason just cant see this information. Is it best to wait till the change over when I should be on the free trial in order to chose my plan going forward?

Like CW likes this
Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

Hi @Vicki ! Thanks for the question. I can think of a few reasons why you may not see a billing tab. Let me know if any of these seem applicable: 

• Are there other members in your Workspace? If so, it's possible another member is the Workspace admin and you are a "normal" member, meaning you don't have access to billing information and actions. If this is the case, you'll need to contact the Workspace admin and ask for them to either give you admin privileges, or ask them to go to the Workspace billing tab to check the plan and take action from there (info about the Workspace Members tab here).
  • Is it possible you're looking for the billing tab on your profile page rather than the Workspace page? We've started the process of sunsetting our Gold offering, and billing for Gold existed on a billing tab that was on a user's profile page (accessed by clicking your avatar in the upper right corner, then clicking "Profile and visibility"). For users who have never subscribed to Gold, this billing tab is now gone since it was only related to Gold subscriptions and we no longer sell Gold. 

If neither of these seem applicable, please let me know and we can potentially get some help from Trello support.

Vicki August 25, 2021

@Anna Saraceno thank you, this weirdly didn't work but I managed to find the page / tab by clicking on the 'review account' link in an old invoice email! Thanks for taking the time to look at this issue!

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2021

@Vicki sorry to hear it was difficult to get there but I'm glad you were able to find a way! It does still feel like something may be wonky if you're unable to see the billing tab on your Workspace page unless you click the link from your email. If it continues to be an issue, I recommend contacting support: https://trello.com/contact

Peter Hayashida September 6, 2021

I had the exact same problem and thank goodness I found Vicki's response. The instructions at https://help.trello.com/article/836-change-or-cancel-your-trello-plan are useless. The URL that "Review Account" sent me to did not have the URL that is referenced. My workspace name was replaced by a string of random characters. But I was able to cancel after a lot of frustration. When I typed my workspace/billing, the tab I landed on was "Upgrade," which did not have a cancel option. 

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2021

@Peter are you talking about issues with trying to downgrade or cancel a paid subscription? If you landed on a billing tab entitled "Upgrade Workspace", it means you were looking at a Workspace that is on a free plan, thus there's nothing to do in terms of downgrading or canceling. If a Workspace is on a paid plan, that tab turns into "Billing" instead of "Upgrade Workspace", and has a summary of your billing information, plus the ability to cancel your subscription. 

Is the email you found the one that prefaces the "Review Account" button with "If you are an account administrator, you can use this link to review your account:"?

Also, when you clicked the "Review Account" button, what did you see? Were you brought to a broken "Page not found" experience, or did it bring you to the "Upgrade" tab you referenced?  

A few things are coming to mind:

• I found this email and clicked "Review Account", and similarly it brought me to trello.com/[stringofcharacters]/billing, whereas the help doc points you to trello.com/workspace-name/billing. These should still both bring you to the same page though; I assume the random string of characters resulting from the email link is a security thing, but I could look into that.
  • When following the URL from the help doc (trello.com/workspace-name/billing, the Workspace name in the URL should be the "Short name" of the Workspace, rather than the main/display name. This is accessible if you navigate to the Workspace's main page (which you can do by clicking the Home icon in the top nav bar, then finding the Workspace on the left, then clicking Settings). From there, the Workspace short name is visible in the URL of the page you're on, or you can even edit the short name by clicking "Edit Workspace details" in the Workspace page header. This detail could probably be more clear in our documentation.
  • I also see our documentation references navigating to "your own profile", which brings you to your profile page, which does not have any relevant info or links for this Workflow. I believe this used to be an accurate suggestion for this Workflow but no longer is, so I will make sure we get this updated in our documentation.

If you have time and desire to respond to these troubleshooting measures, let me know. We definitely want to make sure our workflows are working correctly in emails and in the product, and we want to ensure our help documentation is up to date as well. We'll continue looking into it from our end as well.

Kira Scurro November 7, 2021

I am also trying to downgrade from a free trial and have tried all the suggestions you mention above. I've just been made an administrator of my board so i could investigate this more thoroughly, so I have received no emails as others have above. I can't find any place to downgrade, cannot find a billing tab anywhere, and have no info to explore plans at the bottom of the Activity page. I would like to get rid of that very distracting Trial Expired on every card. Can you help me?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events