Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the ‘add card’ bookmarklet (that converts a link to a Trello card) work on iOS/iPad?

Theodore Zamenopoulos November 30, 2020

Hi all, 

I have been using the ‘send to’ bookmarklet on a Firefox browser for some time now on my MacBook laptop. I recently bought an iPad and  I tried to use the same bookmarklet functionality that would allow me to convert a web link to a Trello card. I tried to do the same as I normally do, I logged into Firefox and went to the bookmark toolbar (because the bookmarks are not visible), found and pressed ‘send to Trello’, but then a window pops up asking whether I want to proceed with an external app. I press yes but it basically stalls, doesn’t work. Does the bookmarklet work on iOS and if yes what do I need to do?

Many thanks 

Theo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

Hi Theo,

This bookmarklet doesn't work on mobile devices, however you should be able to do this using the browser "share" function. If you navigate to a website, select the "share" button, and then select Trello from the list there. You can then choose the board and list that this card should be added to.

Thanks,

Ryan

Theodore Zamenopoulos December 5, 2020

Thank you very much Ryan, this is really helpful. It is not create a thumbnail picture of the site but it does create a new card on Trello with the link to the page. 

All my best wishes

Theo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events