Does anyone know who to reorder the boards in the all boards view?

I am just trying to organize which boards I want to see first. Right now they are order be creation date. I would also like to organize my list of teams, again just organized by the creation date

1 answer

Hi Janelle,

Where are you seeing your boards and teams organized by creation date?

On the your Trello homepage that you see after logging in, you should be seeing your teams organizaed alphabetically, and boards alphabetically within those teams. At this time, it's not possible to change that.

What you can do, though, is star boards to bring them up to the very top "Starred" section that sits above your "Personal Boards" section. It's also possible to drag and reorder boards in your Starred Boards section: http://help.trello.com/article/965-starring-a-board

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I'm curious (1) why there's no feature to reorganize my boards (i.e., I'd like to reorder them by color, to keep my 1-on-1 meeting boards grouped by team - seems like a no-brainer) and (2) if there are plans to integrate that functionality in the future (and, if so, when)?  Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Right now, there aren't plans to allow all boards to be reorganized.

Why there's no feature like that? Because Trello is built on the concept of a shared perspective, we don't typically build a lot of features that allow you to view something about your boards in a way that's different from other people. For that reason, boards in the regular Boards list are always alphabetical.

Starring a board is something that's personal to you and doesn't impact any one else's display, and because it's generally a small amount of boards, those can be re-organized to help you keep your most frequently used boards easily and quickly accessible.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,149 views 7 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot