Does anyone know who to reorder the boards in the all boards view?

I am just trying to organize which boards I want to see first. Right now they are order be creation date. I would also like to organize my list of teams, again just organized by the creation date

2 answers

Hi Janelle,

Where are you seeing your boards and teams organized by creation date?

On the your Trello homepage that you see after logging in, you should be seeing your teams organizaed alphabetically, and boards alphabetically within those teams. At this time, it's not possible to change that.

What you can do, though, is star boards to bring them up to the very top "Starred" section that sits above your "Personal Boards" section. It's also possible to drag and reorder boards in your Starred Boards section: http://help.trello.com/article/965-starring-a-board

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I'm curious (1) why there's no feature to reorganize my boards (i.e., I'd like to reorder them by color, to keep my 1-on-1 meeting boards grouped by team - seems like a no-brainer) and (2) if there are plans to integrate that functionality in the future (and, if so, when)?  Thanks.

Like 2 people like this

Hi Jason,

Right now, there aren't plans to allow all boards to be reorganized.

Why there's no feature like that? Because Trello is built on the concept of a shared perspective, we don't typically build a lot of features that allow you to view something about your boards in a way that's different from other people. For that reason, boards in the regular Boards list are always alphabetical.

Starring a board is something that's personal to you and doesn't impact any one else's display, and because it's generally a small amount of boards, those can be re-organized to help you keep your most frequently used boards easily and quickly accessible.

Like 1 person likes this

Hi Michael,

I am experiencing the same problem. It's really inconvenient. 

While I see your point in sharing the boards, why don't you keep this alphabetical order  rule only for Work Boards. As there is a separate area for Personal boards, a user should be able to re-organize it as he/she wish.

Or you could think of a feature like Master Board Owner where only the team lead who is primarily in charge of creating and sharing new boards is able to re-organize his/her organization's Work Boards as there is prioritization of projects and work. you know. I truly believe this will be a valuable feature and Trello's team will soon help companies organize their projects even better!

Cheers,
Villy

Like 2 people like this

Hi Michael,

I would like to be able to organise both my teams and boards. If you unlock this feature you will make the product far more accessible and usable to people for all aspects of their life. This would expand the market for the product to individuals which would be a great land and expand distribution strategy for you because many of those people would inevitably then use in their working life. Please can you explore sorting features?

Tom

Like 1 person likes this
0 votes

Hi Michael,

I agree with the above. This feature would help in organization much quicker.! With all the reasons above.

Hopefullyvyoi could do it.

Thank you again!

Best Regards

VJ

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 18, 2018 in Trello

How two Biomed teachers use Trello to execute on Project Lead The Way

This is the first of many Showcases highlighting incredible Atlassian users in Education! And Michael Burke and Josh Clemmer are setting the Showcase bar high. The pair of Biome...

47,416 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you