Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Trello have a powerup that works similar to mirror by Unito?

Jason Michalak March 9, 2020

I don't want to pay for trello and pay for a 3rd party power up. If I upgrade to business team, does trello have a power up that works similar to mirror by unito?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

@Jason Michalak the power ups available on free accounts are the same as those available on paid accounts, it's just that on free accounts you can only have one power up per board. If you only want to use the mirror power up on your board, then you can use the free version of Trello and pay for the Unito powerup.

Lee Allen May 29, 2020

@Jason Michalak were you able to find a solution for this? My team is going to use the business account and I just realized that the unito power up which we are going to use heavily is not included as a free power up. I don't want to have to pay for it in addition to the business plan. Please let me know thanks 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

@Lee Allen getting a really solid 2 way mirror between cards is pretty intense, I haven't seen anything that does it as seamlessly as Unito. Do you really need full 2 way sync though? If you just need an overview of what's being done perhaps there is a lighter weight solution using the API that would save you some coin.

Lee Allen June 1, 2020

Thanks for your reply on this..do you have any suggestions for the API solution? I will look into it with my team

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2020

@Lee Allen if you're on Business Class, then you'll have enough Trello quota to run basic synching, for example this would copy a linked card to a target board when you move the source card into the "Doing" list:

2020-06-02 at 10.52 pm.pngYou could then add similar commands to find the first card linked in the attachments and synch comments, add labels when cards are moved between lists and so on. You could do something similar directly with the API using Trellinator like this:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/6c3e0364a60b4c11c4ce5cbdb2ab85fb

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events