Does Trello connect to Microsoft Graph?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2022

@Hikaru_M 

Your question got me curious so I went to look at what is Microsoft Graph. First I checked Trello power up and there seems to be nothing that matches.

From Microsoft it looks like it is a service to get to MS data . I checked the authentication and authorization scheme and it is OAuth2 Grant. In fact, I just completed one for a client wanting to get Xero quotation into Trello - create a new card for an accepted quotation and fetch the pdf into Trello.

So I guess answer would be yes, but you need to have some API services to get to the data you want to bring into Trello. In the above example - when card is created in Trello, Trello automation kicks off a http request within automation to an endpoint that performs the services for you. I suspect that would be the same for Microsoft Graph services.

Hikaru_M April 17, 2022

@milynnus 

I appreciate your prompt reply and it helped for me to understood that Trello is able to connect Graph by API! But my intention was to check if it's mandatory since my client have strict rule about enabling Graph. I suppose it it not, correct?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2022

@Hikaru_M 

As far as I can tell Microsoft Graph would be like any API services which you can call from Trello via http request or if have a server using it to get data into Trello to address a specific user requirements.

Hikaru_M April 17, 2022

@milynnus 

Alrght, so it is not always required. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events