Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Trello allows for uploading documents in a card?

Marcela Rojas March 16, 2022

We would like to use Trello for our email and list requests. We will create a card for each request but we need the ability to share documents back and forth. There will be several documents that will need to be added to each card, like word docs, logos, excel files, images, ect.   In the past, this was a limitation so wondering if now Trello allow for that. 

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2022

@Marcela Rojas 

If you are planning to collaborate around documents, I would suggest you use a shared Drive power up. But if you planned on sending a document to a client for approval, Contalist allows you to attach the files in an email template. They have a smart link feature in beta that helps in approval process. Returning attachments, especially to an existing card is always a problem. Most Power Ups handles new cards well. 

Marcela Rojas March 17, 2022

Thanks for your reply.  Under one card we will need to upload multiple documents between the stakeholder and our team.  I am new to Trello, can you explained how you mean by "Returning attachments, especially to an existing card is always a problem".

Our company uses Microsoft SharePoint, do you know if Trello has the ability to connect to it? Thank you!

Marcela Rojas March 17, 2022

Hi, I am new to Trello so I thought I would share our email/list request process and see if we can use Trello. 

Here is a typical request that we are hoping Trello can accommodate.  Our team is responsible for sending all the customer and partner emails. The stakeholder will submit a email/list request and will share the word document with the content.  The stakeholder will also send logo images or banners that need to be used in the email. Our team builds the email but and will share an email proof (another attachment) to stakeholder for approval. If there are edits or changes to the email, new files, logos will be shared and a new test file will be sent to the stakeholder.  As you can see, there is back and forth communication within the same request. This will need to be done in a single card to keep track of each individual request (we receive many requests). Will Trello be able to support this? Are there plug-ins or other tools we can utilize with Trello to fulfill our requests?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

@Marcela Rojas 

"Returning attachments, especially to an existing card is always a problem".

Trello has a email to board feature and you can send an email with attachments and it will create a card with email subject and body and create attachments on the card.  However if you want to send attachments via email to be added to an existing card it will be more difficult. 

I found using Contalist to be great for using email templates to share work products with non Trello users. It’s smart link (beta) allows you to get approvals via email. However, handle the above, I had several solutions/options. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events