Do you review somehow the Completed/Done tasks to improve the workflow?

Diana Rybachenko August 6, 2021

Do you just archive/delete Done/Completed tasks, or "work" with them further as retrospective to see how the process were going, what can be improved and so on. If yes - how? Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2021

Hi Diana,

Me and my team do monthly retrospectives. In the past when I have been on Scrum teams we have done them at the end of each sprint

The simplest way to get started is to create a new done list and then review all the cards in that list at some point (weekly/monthly/sprintly?). You can then archive the cards, or create a new done list for the next week/month/sprint/etc. That makes ie easier to keep on top of the cards to review for each retro.

If you google 'agile retrospectives' there are a tonne of resoures out there. I would suggest

- Run these fairly frequently (every 1-2 weeks idealy) as people tend to forget what happened more than 1 week ago.

- Start simple, ask what was good and what could have been improved?

- Document any changes which need to be made and for which responisbility lies outside the team make sure they get done. This sends a strong signal that you care about these meetings and want actions to be taken from them

Teams also look to tools like Corrello and Blue Cat Reports to get more data on what happened for their retrospecitves.

Robin

Founder: Blue Cat Reports for Trello and more :)

Diana Rybachenko August 8, 2021

Hi Robin!

thanks for sharing your ideas. I will definitely follow the advice. Best! Diana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events