Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to pay for Multi-board guest and workspace members if I use the free version?

Nurshafiqah Izzati Baharom September 10, 2021

I am currently using the free version of Trello to manage my team members. So, my question is do I have to pay for the Multi-board guest and also the workspace members just like in the premium plan?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

When you use Trello for free, you don’t pay for anyone and you don’t get access to the paid features. So no, if you are not paying for Trello then you don’t pay for other people either. 

LoriAnne Barnett Warren November 9, 2021

I have a follow up question about this - so if I am using the paid premium account, I have to pay for guests who are members of more than one board? Why would I use a paid account then, if I can use the free version and not have to pay for guests? 

I have a small non-profit and a team of volunteers who help me with the work. If I have to pay for a guest to have access to more than one board, maybe this solution isn’t for me. Can you help clarify? Thanks!

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2021

You’d use a paid account to get access to the paid features of Trello. https://trello.com/en/pricing

If you don’t need any of the paid features then you can use the free version. It’s the same as an application like Slack - you can use the free version or upgrade to paid - but if you use the paid version you pay for the people you collaborate with. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2021

Hm. Ok. So I already signed up for the non profit discount. But that still seems to me like I can’t mix and match. If I wanted to use the paid version for internal stuff but have some boards that don’t have the premium features, can I do that? If not, I guess I’ll just cancel my paid subscription. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2021

You can cancel your paid subscription or you can make a new free Workspace and put the free boards into that Workspace. The paid subscription is on the Workspace (not on your account per se). 

Ok. I think I see what you are saying - so I'd need to sign up with a separate email address, so it is not attached to my paid email address, and just create a free account? OR is there a way that I can create a free workspace with my same account?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2021

Nope you don’t need another account. Just create a new Workspace. By default it will be free. Put a board in there and you are done. Maybe you want to name your workspaces something so you remember. 

ok got it. So any board I add to the second workspace is free unless I use a template? Sorry, this is super confusing to me. I created a second workspace, but now I don't know how to tell if what I've put in there is free or paid?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2021

The workspaces are paid or free. 

Since you made a second one, and didn’t sign up for a subscription for it, then it is free and any boards in that Workspace are just normal old free boards. Note that free Workspaces only hold 10 boards.

Ok. thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events