Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Need To Pay To Backup My Trello Boards?

Cat Man September 4, 2022

Okay, I thought it would be a no-brainer to include backups for any paid subscription. After searching Google, it appears there is no native automated backup, and the only way is to pay for a 'Power-Up.'

I don't want to pay extra for something that should already come with the software purchase IMO. So, how can backup my whole Trello board (including archives) with comments manually?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

One of the points of using Software as a Service is that you should not have to worry about backing it up.  That's why there's nothing in the core product to give you a backup - you don't need them.

I have to ask the question of what you want to do with these backups?

To take a manual backup, you effectively have to copy and paste all the text off each card,  Obviously, that's slow, painful and hard to restore from, so I would recommend scripting it over the REST interface, and designing your datastore to make it easy to use the REST interface to put all the cards back on a new Trello workspace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events