Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying archived cards in Calendar view

Jean-Christophe Carette June 25, 2020

Hi,

Does anyone know how archived cards could possibly viewed in calendar view?

One of my Trello board is for personal productivity. I am using the great template made by Justin Gallagher. The thing that would really be great would be to be able to view archived cards in the calendar view. This way one can look at completed cards over the past month or so even if completed cards have been archived at the end of each week.

2 answers

0 votes
Jenn Stewart November 9, 2022

I had to create a Board called completed. I created automation so that once a card is checked as completed it is moved to this board. It keeps everything in the calendar, but also allows me to have cleaner Boards with only outstanding items on them. Not ideal, but it's a work around that works for me right now.

0 votes
Tasha H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2020

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Currently, when a card is archived, there isn't a way to surface it within the calendar view. On the flip side, a card cannot be unarchived and still hidden from view on the board.

Archived cards from a board can be viewed together in the Archive section of the board Menu. On the board, click Menu > Archived Items to view the archived cards.

If you're looking for additional reporting for completed tasks/cards, you may want to check out our reports with Butler. Creating reports with Butler 

I hope this helps!

Tasha from Atlassian

Richard Klein July 13, 2020

This is one of the first features I looked for when learning how to use the calendar for my purposes. I too thought of archiving at the end of the week to keep the lists tidy, but didn't want to lose the work on the calendar itself.

What's the point of a calendar if you can't look back at work completed?

Really something Trello should think about.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Simer Anand April 14, 2022

+1 on this request, I tried the workspace reports and they dont show the task/cards archived.

Please allow calendar to show up the archived items. Right now there is no way to reflect on what has been completed.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events